Lately, I have grown quite found of these cute little veggies. Quick and easy to cook and full of vitamins...I mean, what's not to love? My favorite way to prepare them is in a pan with some pesto and lemon. Throw in some cranberries for sweetness and walnuts for crunch, and bam. Delicious, delicious health.
I didn't add measurements to this recipe because it's so easy to adjust depending on what you like. Love Pesto? Add a lot! Not a huge fan of citrus? Maybe skip on the lemon zest/don't add too much lemon juice. This is pretty hard to screw up.
1 lemon (you will add juice and zest)
salt & pepper
1. Clean and cut off any excess stem and remove surface leaves. Cut in half.
2. Place in pan on medium heat. Add pesto, and season with salt and pepper.
3. When sprouts start to brown, add a bit of water (a tablespoon or two) and cover to let them cook for a minute or two.
4. Add chopped walnuts.
5. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar.
5. Squeeze lemon into pan. Add lemon zest.
6. Remove from heat and add cranberries.
Super easy. AND healthy. Eat this for lunch, and then feel good about eating that pizza later.