Image Map

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

festivals & chevron

Chicken is baking in the oven. It smells divine...this place is starting to feel like home.

I feel like I have been running around the past weeks like a chicken with my head cut off. I honestly can't say what a did a few days before, as all the days kinda blur together and seem like a big hectic mash of responsibility and stress. But hey, it's my last quarter of under-grad, so that's only natural, right?

Tommy is in the garage building something for my birthday. I can't wait to find out what it is! My birthday is June 5th, and then graduation  is the 9th, so it will be a busy, and fun, fun week. When I graduated from high school, graduation was on my 18th birthday...it was a big day!

We have juuuuust about finished our move. So, so close! On Saturday my dad came and helped Tommy and I move the last bit of our big items, such as a bookcase, TV armoire and a few dressers. I had to go to work midday, and left the boys as they were mowing the lawn.

I found out later that they hung out for about an hour and a half to drink some beer and talk. Not gonna lie, my heart kinda melted. I rarely see or visit with my dad myself. So the thought that Tommy and my dad hung out and had a conversation made me really, really happy.

I wore this on Saturday to the "Fragrance Fesitval" at work. It's a little event our local Macy's has twice a year where the Tony & Guy Hair Academy comes in and does hair, we have little drinks/cookies, and every counter has a little promo. It's a fun event, and I like it because we get to break out of our all-black attire and wear pretty much whatever we want. I chose a dress I wore to my cousins wedding last year (and haven't worn since!) along with a little sweater to cover the arms.

Dress: BCBG
Shoes: Nine West
Earrings: BP. from Nordstrom

10 comments:

  1. I am glad that your new place is starting to feel like home!

    That dress is so cute and your outfit looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your dress it's so sweet:)
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, may we follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second picture is adorable! Such a cute outfit.

    Congratulations on the new place! Those details you shared in your previous post were incredibly charming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style! =) and those shoessss... I die. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this look! Your shoes are tre fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely look!!!^^

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are seriously the cutest ever!

    xoxohannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dress! Your whole outfit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is your dress?!! And I am in love with your shoes!! This is such a lovely outfit, you look amazing! What a cute blog you have, so glad i found it!!

    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net
    Shabby Apple $50 Giftcard Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.