Is there anything better than a delicious chocolate chip cookie? Other than chocolate chip cookie dough, of course. Warm and gooey in the center, crispy around the edges, with a cold glass of milk to wash it down...my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I got a craving for chocolate chip cookies Saturday night, and decided to do a little research regarding cookie recipes. Holy moly, there are so many out there! I finally decided on Lovin' From the Oven's "Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies", but wanted just a little bit of saltiness to them. Cookies, meet pistachios.
I love the texture, color and flavor pistachios add to chocolate chip cookies. It's that whole sweet and salty thing. Nom nom.
Recipe from Lovin' From the Oven
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shelled pistachio
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and pistachios by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour. When it's time, Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.