Image Map

Thursday, January 24, 2013

new culinary endeavors

There are a lot of dishes that I love to eat, but for some reason shy away from making at home. I figure somebody else can make it better, and because of this I get into a bit of a rut when it comes to dinner.

I definitely have my go-tos which include tacos, lasagna, pork chops, soup, and some kind of burger. So when Tommy suggested we make gyros I was pretty excited. I love gyros, why had we never made them?

We bought ourselves a nice little lamb leg and marinated it overnight in wine, olive oil, spices, A1 and worcestershire sauce. The next night we roasted it for a little over and hour at 325. A made some tzatziki with plain yogurt, cucumber juice (from my new juicer!) and seasonings. Pita bread, spinach, tomatoes and feta completed these yummy little greek wraps.


This photo isn't the highest quality, but I just had to share. It was easy, and delicious. Great success! If there is a dish you love to eat but never make at home, give it a try. Maybe it will be better than eating out!

Other dishes I need to attempt (yes, asian dishes intimidate me, haha)



4 comments:

  1. I first attempted pho about a year ago and it quickly became one of our favorites. If you take a few shortcuts (like using store-bought vegetable broth), it can be a quick weeknight meal. We have it all the time. Don't be intimidated; it's so easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to invest in some sushi making too someday, it is so intimidating and the materials are kinda pricey in canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so simple and delicious. And pretty. I think I will have to try this.

    Sushi is kind of difficult, but it's super fun! Luckily, my boyfriend is Japanese and makes me sushi sometimes :)

    xoxo Jess
    Foreign Room

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, all this food looks so yummy and pho is definitely my favorite! I've never done a juice cleanse, but my favorite "smoothie" is the green monster smoothie via the Perfect Pear. I think you can google it! (referring to your juice post) -Jessica L =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.