Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First Birchbox


  Finally got my first Birchbox in the mail today! I was pretty excited to see what little beauty samples awaited me.

 My box contained: Zoya fingernail polish in "Noel," a sample of Kate Spade's fragrance "Twirl," Supersmile toothpaste, Jouer lip enhancer and a Alex and Isabelle hair tie.




  Overall, I'm not super impressed, but not really let down either. Before trying it out I had read some bad reviews about Birchbox, saying that the samples were mediocre or bad. So I wasn't expecting to be blown away.

  The thing I'm most excited about is the nail polish, I never paint my nails and hate spending money on polish (it's so expensive!). Kate Spade's fragrance is nice, very fresh and sweet. The lip balm has a rosy scent to it, and feels good on the lips. But it's such a small amount, I'm sure it will be lost by tomorrow. The hair tie is nice...but let's be honest...it's a piece of elastic. And the toothpaste? Haven't tried it yet...but I have plenty of toothpaste. And I mean, it's toothpaste. I wanted beauty products, not oral hygiene products!



   I'm going to give it another month. Like I said, I'm not let down. I'm sure a lot of the $10 a month goes towards the packaging (which was super cute) and shipping. I just better not get any freakin' toothpaste next month, or pieces of elastic.

   What do you guys think? Total rip off? I was a little bit less excited about my box once I went to Birchbox.com and saw all the possible things I could have gotten. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for being less than impressed but I would be totally excited about the nail polish as well!

    I couldn't have summed up my feelings any better. You said it perfect and I totally agree with you about the way it turned out :)

    Hopefully next month comes with a better selection!

    xoxohannah
    a cup of subtle tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Zahnpasta items that do not use the key connected with whitening grab the dirt from the moment splits on the enameled in an attempt to indicate the genuine appeal of this enamel backside. i am a dentist and i don't think this is a good idea alone is too abrasive for teeth, combitanion with sea salt is worse. we don't advise our patients to use whitening Zahncreme which contains contents like baking powder. using them for too long cause enamel thinning and roughening so they cause more staining eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had heard great things about Birchbox from other bloggers, so I'm glad to hear this perspective. I've debated signing up and, after this post, I know I need to continue to give it more thought. $10 a month isn't a lot, but, if you don't like what you're receiving, it can be a waste. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I hope your stash improves next month!

    Splendiferous Inclinations

    ReplyDelete
  4. A surprise in a box is always nice-even if you have to pay a little bit for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.