Image Map

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DIY: Doily Snowflake Ornamnets



Here is a super cute and easy DIY to decorate your Christmas tree! I made a few of these little guys last night, and it only took me about 30 minutes.

Here's what you will need:

  I got all these materials at JoAnne's.
  • Small Doilies 
  • Wood circles 
  • Glue (Super glue, or Modge Podge)
  • Ribbon
  • Paint
  • Scissors
  • Optional: Glitter Paint 

1. Paint your wood circles any color you wish. I chose green and red to keep things festive!


2. I chose to add some sparkle to my doilies. I mixed gold and silver glitter paint to paint them.


3. Put some super glue (or modge podge) in the center of your circle, and around the edges.
4. Slap that cute little doily on your circle! Let dry.


5. Take your ribbon and thread it through a hole on the doily. Cut and tie to create your hanger. 


6. Hang and enjoy! Aren't they cute? I love the little bit of color that peaks out. Now that I think about it, these would be nice coasters too!


7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love anything to do with doily's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello back pocket, here's another idea! :)

    xoxohannah
    a cup of subtle tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice post, I enjoyed it a lot! I like your sense of style! Wonderful decorations!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great DIY project. yes, i love how the color peeks out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loove this DIY! Love your blog, I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch, I love finding new blogs! xoxo

    http://joellenlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! you have a great blog! please check out my blog and if you like, please follow me on GFC and Bloglovin, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.lovejoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute DIY! Lovely blog :) Visit mine http://pleasestrikeapose.blogspot.com/ and if you like it follow me! Please if you follow me on GFC please follow me also on Bloglovin' http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2642744/please-strike-a-pose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.