Image Map

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Graduation

    I'm a college graduate! Very exciting, but also very, very strange. The past year (okay,  4 years) has been a count down to yesterday, and now that it's over...well, it's bittersweet. I've been going to school for 17 years, and I've gotten pretty dang good at it.

     I became pro at juggling the rest of my life around my homework and classes. I knew just how long I could procrastinate, and when I needed to really study. I knew once I got off work, I needed to go home and review my upcoming assignments. I knew that while I was blogging, watching TV, reading, or doing basically anything else, I should have been studying.

     But today, I came home and realized I had nothing to do. No assignments due tomorrow, no test at the end of the week, and no paper due in a month. Of course, this is exciting! I have all these new possibilities on the table, and more freedom to choose between them. But, it also really scares me. I had the school thing down. Now I have to assess what I really want to do.

      Anyway! Yesterday really was a great day. My mom, dad, grandma, sister, brother and Tommy watched me receive my diploma, and afterwards we had a delicious meal of pasta and red velvet cake. It's a rare occasion to have all those people sitting at one dinner table, so it felt really special.

      A big thanks to my family for all the love and support. Couldn't have done it without you!





3 comments:

  1. Congrats what a big moment in life. I bet it is scary, I will find out when I get to that point. Anyways lovely photos. And keep us all posted on your next step.
    Carlee

    http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I bet it feels great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations!

    ps that spaghetti and cake looks nommmm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.