Image Map

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Boxx Berry Farm U-Pick Blueberries

Blueberries are expensive...especially when you are capable of eating one pound in a night. So when I heard there was a u-pick blueberry farm not to far away, I had to go! Boxx Berry Farm is about 15 minutes away from our house, and also has u-pick flowers and raspberries. It's such a cute little place, I can't wait to make blueberry picking a yearly tradition!
After picking twelve pounds of blueberries (!!!), I put most of them in the freezer, some in the fridge and rest into a blueberry cobbler. I used this recipe, and it turned out so good (I added some cinnamon and cornstarch to the blueberry mixture).

I can't wait to enjoy blueberry milkshakes, smoothies, pancakes, pies and jam all year long! Oh, and simply shoveling them into my mouth.

10 comments:

  1. I'm a weirdo who hates blueberries. It's a texture thing I guess. But I love the idea of u-pick farms. I can't wait to go apple picking this fall here in VA. Definitely something I missed out on last year that I don't want to miss this year!


    xoxohannah
    www.signedxoxohannah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love fresh blueberries! I was spoiled last when I vacationed in Maine. I got to pick wild blueberries for free and eat blueberry desserts to my heart's content.

    I wish they had a farm like that around here! Sounds like a fun tradition for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I wish there was a u-pick farm close to us, seems like a perfect Saturday morning activity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest! <3 I wanna do thissss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Belgium, we almost have no blueberries. But I tasted them once and they're so... sour? Well, I'm not a fan even though they LOOK delicious haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be very sour if they aren't all the way ripe. But when they are big, and all the way blue (no redish purple) they are very sweet!

      Delete
  6. this looks great!!! mmm the cobbler you made looks SO yummy


    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  7. such cute photos! i love them, and i'm very jealous of all of this! i want to go berry picking now! haha

    I would love if you could check out my blog :)
    http://amyhigg.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!!! Can't wait to see all the things you make with them. :)

    Have a great weekend.

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how this makes me want to pick fresh fruit! I think there's a place we can pick strawberries from around here, and I've been wanting to go, but dragging the DH with me is another story! And you look lovely! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.