Image Map

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cucumber Rose Gin & Tonic


A few days ago, I made the most refreshing gin and tonic ever and I'm really excited to share it with you. Now, I know what you're thinking, "the most refreshing gin and tonic ever? Amanda, you are exaggerating." Friends, I'm not exaggerating, they are seriously that good. Keep in mind this is coming from the girl who pretty much orders a gin and tonic whenever drinks are being had. I'm kind of an expert.


The only thing tricky about this cocktail is the cucumber flavor, because it comes from cucumber juice. If you have a juicer I recommend juicing about half a cucumber for several drinks. If you don't have a juicer, muddle slices of cucumber in a glass then strain through a fine mesh strainer. I tried both methods and found the juicer to yield tons more juice (duh), flavor and color. But both were tasty and if you don't have a juicer, it's still totally worth the extra work.

Oh, and the rosewater. This stuff is awesome, but can taste a bit like perfume if you use too much. I recommend adding a couple drops, taste, then add a few more if you think it's not enough. I usually use about 3 drops.

Cucumber Rose Gin & Tonic
2 ounces cucumber juice
2 ounces gin
4 ounces tonic
Lime juice
Rose water

1. In a medium glass, combine cucumber juice and gin. Add ice and fill glass with tonic (I found about 4 ounces did the trick). Add fresh lime juice and a couple drops of rose water. Mix with straw and garnish with cucumber. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.