Image Map

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

the dream of the 90's


Dress: Mystree (consigned) 
Necklace: Francesca's 
Belt: Delia*s
Sandals: Franco Sarto (TJ Maxx) 

Tommy and I got back yesterday from a short trip to Portland. It was a lot of fun to explore a new city, eat some new food and visit some friends. Highlights included the Japanese Gardens, Salt & Straw ice cream (we ate it twice!), bringing a huge box of Voodoo donuts home, and visiting a few breweries. 

I wore this on our first day in Portland which we spent visiting our hotel bar, eating dinner at Deschutes Brewery, walking around downtown, visiting Powell's Books and eating a pint of Salt & Straw ice cream in our hotel bathrobes while watching Game of Thrones. It was perfect after a long day of driving. 

Usually when taking trips I have to pack about five more outfit options than I really need. I just hate being limited! I mean, what if I spill something on my shirt, or it starts pouring and I have no boots? But then if I bring boots, I need jeans for boots, socks, and probably a sweater cause it's raining. See what I mean? Serious first world problems. Anyway, I was pretty proud of myself because I planned my outfits ahead of time and only brought an overnight bag (that was so full I couldn't zip it...but still!).

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute outfit! And I have the same problem with travelling and being limited in clothing choices.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I so love Franchesca's, and that necklace is great. I just got a couple dresses on clearance from there.

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly
    $750 Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit. You look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went to PDX a couple weeks ago with my hubby for our anniversary and we loved Salt and Straw too! Where did you stay? We stayed at the ACE and took nerdy pictures there and stuff. It's a fun place. :) Also, we were only there two days and I brought like 5 outfits. ;P Haha.

    Molly - MaeLiveFree

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Voodoo donuts! I live about an hour away from Portland and sometimes I get a midnight craving for a peach fritter. I'm ashamed to admit how many times I've done that one am drive to Portland just to satisfy my need for sugar!

    Your sandals are amazing, btw. I love how elegant they are, while still seeming pretty comfortable for walking and general life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gorgeous green necklace + your eyes = stunning! Lovely look, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so difficult when it comes to packing... I'm way too slow and I always end up with too much clothes, even though I make the same mistake each time. :)

    This dress looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those shoes! (and those red nails)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.