Image Map

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Witch Hazel and Rose Water Toner

The amount of skincare products out there is mind boggling. So many brands, ingredients, price points and sales pitches...how do you choose? Working for Clinique certainly helps me narrow down my options, and while I love and stand by their products, sometimes it's nice to use something more natural. It also doesn't hurt when this natural product is cheap and can be purchased at the drugstore! Say hello to witch hazel, a natural astringent.

Witch hazel is actually derived from the leaves and bark of the North American Witch-hazel shrub (according to wiki). Neat, huh? Before I started working for Clinique, witch hazel was a regular part of my daily skin care routine. I used it every night after washing my face. It left my face feeling fresh, clean, and breakout free. I have recently started using it again in a mixture of rosewater, which works as an anti-inflammatory. Rose water also just smells nice...the smell of witch hazel is not for everybody. Or anybody.


Witch Hazel and Rose Water Toner
Witch Hazel
Rose Water
Container (I got mine from Michael's)

The "recipe" for this toner will be different depending on what kind of skin you have. If your skin is dry or dry combination, use half witch hazel and half rose water. If your skin is comfortable or oily (like mine), use 3/4 witch hazel and 1/4 rose water. Place product on a cotton ball, and sweep across face twice daily after removing makeup and before moisturizer.

1. Mix witch hazel and rose water in container depending on your skin type.
2. Store in bathroom cabinet or in fridge if desired. Putting it in the fridge just makes it cold and refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.