Image Map

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Eggplant Margherita Pizza


Well guys, it's officially the holiday season. Christmas music is playing at the mall, people are putting up their trees and I've started to brain storm gifts. Have you started prepping for the holidays yet? It's so crazy they are already here...it seems like it was just New Years a few weeks ago!



Of course with the holidays on their way, I've been making a lot of food that feels warm, cozy and festive. But pizza is one of those dishes that's never out of season. I mean heck, pizza is good any time, any place, anywhere. Common knowledge. 


I had never had eggplant on pizza before, but I figured eggplant is so delicious in eggplant parmesan, what could go wrong? Eggplant is a little bland on its own, so before placing it on the pizza I let it sit in some balsamic vinegar. This little twist on the classic margherita pizza adds some extra texture and flavor. So good!


Eggplant Margherita Pizza 
Fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into pieces
Fresh basil
1/4 eggplant, sliced thin then cut into quarters
Cherry tomatos, sliced in half
Pizza sauce
Grated or shredded parmesan cheese
Pizza dough, bought or homemade (I like this recipe, but I used store bought this time.)
Balsamic vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 425. Roll out pizza dough onto lightly greased pan (I used a 9 by 13) and cover very lightly with pizza sauce. In a small bowl, add eggplant and a bit of balsamic vinegar. Use your hands to make sure the eggplant is fully coated. Place on pizza.
2. Add basil and tomatoes. and top with fresh mozzarella. Place in the oven and let cook for about 5-7 minutes, then top with parmesan cheese. Let continue to cook until crust is golden brown. Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.