Image Map

Thursday, July 12, 2012

let's eat more: blueberries for breakfast

Blueberries are, without a doubt, my favorite berry. I recently splurged on a 32 oz pack of fresh blueberries, and it has taken a lot of will power to keep from shoveling them into my mouth in one sitting.

 I love baking with them, but pairing blueberries with butter and sugar doesn't do much for their nutritional content (this didn't stop me from making a blueberry pie on the 4th of July). Instead, I have been eating them for breakfast non-stop. They are so versatile when it comes to breakfast, and all those antioxidants are a great way to start your day.

Here are a few of my favorite blueberry breakfasts! 


1. Blueberries with honey nut cheerios and soy milk. Probably my favorite way to eat blueberries in the morning. The blueberries get a little crushed and the milk gets all blueberry flavored. Yum!


2. Blueberry pancakes with lemon zest and sour cream topping. Need I even say more? The photo above is from a previous post, you can find it here.


3. Blueberries on an english muffin with peanut butter. Think peanut butter and jelly, but better. A drizzle of honey on top would be delicious!


4. Swedish pancakes filled with blueberries, bananas and a bit of powdered sugar and butter. Swedish pancakes are the best. To make the pancake, I used this recipe.


5. Overnight refrigerator oatmeal with blueberries and yogurt. I tried making this overnight yogurt recipe and really liked it! The texture of the oatmeal is good, and the blueberries give it a lot of flavor. I didn't use chia seeds like the recipe calls for, but I would love to give it a try!






4 comments:

  1. im not a huge fan of blueberries BUT in the swedish pancake? you might have me sold. loved this most, what a great idea! maybe ill do french fries 5 ways haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh these sound like great ideas! I love blueberries, but I just eat them the old fashioned way but you've opened my mind to new recipes. That Swedish Pancake one and I never thought of cold oatmeal and yogurt! Thanks for these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love putting blueberries in my shakes, oatmeal, and cereal! I'm definitely going to try these recipes! Thank you! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.